Sunday 9 January 2011

Life....

never runs smoothly does it, I had so many good intentions today my other half is home on Wednesday after 4 months away and today was housework day!!.....I am not a domesticated goddess by any stretch of the imagination but I like my house to look presentable so today's list included cleaning, washing, ATTACKING the playroom as well as much more and what do I do....trip over the kitchen broom. OWWWW not good I'm laying there screaming my head off as two nine year olds run panicking all over the place "we'll phone an ambulance Mummy", I finally calm them and myself down enough to untwist my leg and ankle and hobble to the sofa. Ice pack applied, Cup of tea made and Boiled egg cleaned off the carpet....yep I was carrying the breakfast through. What a disastrous start to what was supposed to be a very busy day. We have managed to muddle through though and between us got tidied up and put the washing away I have bumped up and down stairs a few times and my boy's have been a godsend. I am finally not panicking about jobs not being done.....why do us women heap so much pressure on ourselves!!! bbl x

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear,hope your foot is better.You must be so looking forward to having your husband home after 4 months Sam!.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's much better now thanks Elisa just a bit bruised lol...and yes I am sooooo looking foward to his 2 weeks at home!!!

    ReplyDelete